Kingsbarns Broadband - 01334 numbers - Boarhills
more General Issues back to
GOOD NEWS - KINGSBARNS NOW HAS BROADBAND
- fast ADSL service available September 2004
- basic ADSL service available 16 June 2004
- 'ready for service' on 16 June 2004
- 'ready for service' date announced 18 February
- 'trigger point' reached 28 January 2004
- 'broadband petition' started in village - via
- 'trigger point' (number of BT customers required for
viable service) set at 100
- 'kingsbarnsbroadband' campaign started -
Useful broadband information can be found at:
adslguide.org.uk - good source for
general broadband info
resource - latest registration info - 'ready for service' announcements -
What is Broadband?
A modern 'broadband' communications link can provide fast,
'always on' access to an increasing range of online services - internet,
worldwide radio and TV, interactive games, music and software downloads.
It has even been claimed that "having a broadband connection
can definitely increase the potential of your home in the eyes of buyers.
Buyers should check out whether the area has broadband access. Even if they
dont want it now, it may become invaluable in later years and could be a
factor in selling the property." - Simon Fairclough, head of marketing for
Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre (ESPC)
Most broadband packages come at a fixed price, starting at
about £15 a month, regardless of the time spent online. With broadband it
is possible to use the phone and an online service at the same time.
more General Issues back to Local Issues up to